SPEEDY BACON PASTA
We think that this recipe has to be one of the fastest, flavoursome, filling recipes we have!
Cooked in the EasyOven, this is a great alternative to macaroni and cheese, this pasta will satisfy the hungriest of families.
It also doesn't hurt that it is so cost effective as well.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Bacon, diced
- 1 jar (500grams) Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups dry Macaroni pasta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grated cheese to garnish
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot over medium heat and add onion and garlic.
- Fry until the onion begins to brown.
- Add diced bacon and brown.
- Add pasta sauce, water and macaroni, and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes with lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and place entire pot in to the EasyOven for 30 minutes
Serve with crusty bread and garnish with grated cheese.