RED CURRY PORK W/ BAMBOO SHOOTS
South East Asia has a number of flavoursome dishes. During a recent trip to Asia, Red Curry Pork was my number one go-to curry dish as it so packed full of flavour and completely moreish.
Even writing about it makes my mouth water!
Cooked in the EasyOven, our recipe below also includes bamboo shoots which bring a sweet crunch to your curry. You can readily find the shoots (in a can) at your local supermarket.
Like all of our recipes, some ingredients are seasonal so feel free to experiment with green capsicums and carrots if you can’t get the yellow or red capsicum to those eye-catching colours.!
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 500g / 1-pound Pork (lean, cut into strips)
- ½ Red Capsicum /Pepper (medium sliced in strips)
- ½ Yellow Capsicum /Pepper (medium sliced in strips)
- 1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 225g / 8 oz Bamboo Shoots (sliced into strips)
- 425g / 15oz Coconut Milk (light)
- ¼ cup Basil leaves (fresh)
- In a pot add oil and pork strips.
- Fry till brown.
- Add red and yellow capsicum, fish sauce, caster sugar, and curry paste. Mix well.
- Add bamboo shoots and light coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes
- Add Basil Leaves
- Remove pot from heat and place entire pot into the EasyOven™ and close.
- Leave in EasyOven™ for 1 hour.
Once soft and tender serve on a bed of rice and enjoy.