ONE POT FRIED RICE
WOW - This dish certainly causes your taste buds to explode!
We love the fact that this flavoursome, fried rice is cooked in the EasyOven…… in just one-pot.
On a recent camping trip, having returned from a long but fabulous adventure walk, we were hungry and tired. This dish was quickly whipped up on our camp stove and certainly satisfied everyone.
This is one of those dishes that will make you go back for seconds!
No extra dishes, no over-cooking or under-cooking the rice or in my case making the rice look more like glue, this dish is certainly a winner.
At home or at friends this is also a great side dish at your next barbeque.
We use Basmati rice because it cooks well and separates perfectly.
- 1 kg chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups Chicken stock OR Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Cream (pouring cream)
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion (large, diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori Spice powder OR paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cups Spinach leaves (fresh)
- 2.5 cups dry Fusilli (spiral) pasta
- In a saucepan, add oil
- Add onion, bacon and garlic and fry till golden.
- Move the onion, bacon garlic mixture to the side of the pot and crack eggs into the middle of the pan.
- Fry eggs till cooked. With your spatula / egg flip roughly cut the egg into small pieces.
- Mix together and add frozen vegetables, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice and lastly the stock.
- Mix well.
- Bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place entire pot into the EasyOven™ and close.
- Leave in EasyOven for 1 hour.
Garnish with Chopped nuts & serve.