OMELETTE IN A BAG
We are under the assumption that eggs are just perfect for any time of the day, from breakfast through to dessert!
We have added our favourite ingredients, but the flavour combination is really up to you.
Fresh herbs such as thyme, dill and fennel taste great in this as well.
You can cook up to 6 of these beauties in a pot, in the EasyOven, at one time so no more waiting around for each omelette to be cooked – everyone can eat together, AND you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen.
- 3 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 4 tablespoons Cheese (We used a mix of Cheddar and Parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons Ham (diced)
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Making sure the pot will fit all of your omelettes in it.
- Place a zip lock bag in a cup or mixing bowl. Make sure the top of the bag can be folded over or is able to sit upright.
- Add eggs, then the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove the bag and place on a flat surface (make sure your ingredients don’t spill-out the top). Remove as much air as you can and seal the bag.
- Give the mixture a good mix with your fingers (making sure you are gently and do not pop the bag).
- Place the sealed bag in a pot of boiling water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes with lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and place entire pot in to the EasyOven for 30 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread and garnish with grated cheese.