MESIR WAT ETHIOPIAN LENTIL STEW
This is ALL TIME GO-TO DISH.
The smell and the flavour of the Mesir Wot is just heavenly.
This is a budget dish (around $1.50 per serve) that tastes and looks like you have made a huge effort in the kitchen.
In fact, within 10 minutes cooking time and then popped into the EasyOven for an hour, you are well on your way to making an all-time favourite.
Sooo filling, tastes divine and Oh did I tell you that this is so cheap to make.
- 2 Cups Red Lentils (Split & Dried)
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (Peeled, Finely Diced)
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 450g Can Tomatoes (Crushed)
- 3 Cups Water
- Place lentils in a bowl and cover with water
- In a pot add oil, garlic, and onion. Sauté till brown.
- Add berbere seasoning, water and tomatoes.
- Drain lentils, then add to pot. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 8- 10 minutes, stirring frequently to keep from sticking to the base of the pot.
- Remove pot from heat and place entire pot into the EasyOven™ and close.
- Leave in EasyOven™ for 1 hour.
Serve with rice, flat bread and a natural yogurt as it even’s out the spice.