GREEN PEA SOUP
This is a seriously delicious, hearty, textured soup that is simply so easy to prepare and cook in the EasyOven.
We only use 7 ingredients including salt and pepper, the cost is low, and the flavour is WOW!
We have used frozen peas for this dish, but dried split peas work a treat. You can buy your split peas from the supermarket or whole food stores. If you are using split peas, make sure you soak them and check for stones and other non-pea matter.
If you make to much, simply freeze the leftovers to enjoy another day!
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 500g / 1 pound can Green Peas (Frozen or Fresh)
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Heat pot and add oil, garlic and onion. Cook till onions are soft.
- Add peas, stock, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes
- Remove pot from heat and place entire pot into the EasyOven™ and close.
- Leave in EasyOven™ for 30 minutes.
With a stick blender or hand blender, whisk the ingredients till smooth.
Serve with crusty bread and garnish with fresh chilli.