COLOURFUL CRUNCHY TACOS
Taco's have got to be one of my favourite dishes of all time!
They are so easy to make and are always a crowd pleaser at my dinner parties as everyone can assemble their own perfect taco.
Plus there are always interesting conversations after about who put what on their taco, we are still torn at the idea of adding tinned pineapple...
During our trip to Mexico, my husband and I tried some delicious street style tacos and whilst we can never reach that level of perfection we are pretty happy with this recipe.
For variety, you can substitute the beef mince for chicken or re-fried beans.
They all taste fantastic!
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (diced)
- 500 grams / 1-pound Beef Mince
- 125g / 4oz Taco Seasoning Mix
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 425g / 17oz Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- ½ cup White Rice (Optional)
- 12 Taco Shells
- Add oil, onions and garlic to pot. Fry till golden.
- Add beef mince and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spices, salt and pepper. Mix well, then add beans, stock and rice (if required).
- Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and place entire pot into the EasyOven™ and close.
- Leave in EasyOven™ for 30 minutes.
Assemble your Taco’s with your favourite toppings and sauces.
Some suggestions are onion, tomato, carrot, cucumber, avocado, chilli, parsley and of course your favourite cheese and salsa.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and for those Hawaiian Pizza fans out there, would you ever venture to add pineapple to your tacos?